Performance Team Services
Performance Team Services
The Crosscourt Consulting Performance Team subscribes to a holistic approach to player development. Our Performance Team is the gold standard of coaches and advisors. Whatever our athletes and families needs are, our team of professionals can address them in a comprehensive manner. In addition to servicing our athletes, we are proud to offer parental and sport family educational resources provided by our Performance Team expert, David Benzel of Growing Champions for Life. We find that a truly passionate and committed athlete starts with a family that understands the needs, goals and demands of being a tennis player. All of our Performance Team members are available for private consultations through Crosscourt Consulting.
- Masters Ed. in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Positive Coaching – University of Missouri
- Foundations of Positive Psychology Certificate – University of Pennsylvania
- BA – Vanderbilt University
- USPTA Certified
- 2011 USPTA New England Rookie of the Year
- 2015 USPTA New England Player of the Year – Men’s Open and Men’s 45s
- Chairperson USTA New England Hall of Fame Committee
- Mental Toughness Training Certification – Human Performance Institute
- 2014 – #5 in New England – Men’s 45s Single
- 2015 – #4 in New England – Men’s Open Singles, #2 in New England – Men’s 45’s
- 2016 – #1 in New England – Men’s 45s Singles
Brian Lomax has been playing tennis for over 35 years and has been ranked in various divisions in New England and at the National level. He has always been a student of the mental game and in 2003 he began to transform his approach to the sport. This transformation helped Brian reach new heights in his performances and achieve career high rankings both in New England and Nationally.
Brian founded PerformanceXtra™ in 2009 with a mission of helping athletes achieve their goals and their top performances more consistently through a progression of mental skills that enables them to focus on what is truly important. The PerformanceXtra Program goes beyond just physical practice and it incorporates aspects of Sport Psychology, Positive Psychology, Character Building and Leadership Skills. He earned his Masters in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis on Positive Coaching from the University of Missouri, and he has been certified in Mental Toughness Training by the Human Performance Institute. In 2010, Brian left a successful corporate career to pursue PerformanceXtra on a full-time basis, and today he works with individual athletes, teams, and coaches in group sessions as well as privately.
Julie Nicoletti is a nationally recognized sports nutritionist who specializes in coaching student, adult and professional athletes to achieve their highest potential—both on and off the field.
Julie provides one on one, personalized nutritional education and counseling to athletes, enabling them to optimize peak athletic performance while minimizing the risk of injury.
Combining her professional training as a registered pharmacist with her experience as a certified sports nutritionist, Julie created Kinetic Fuel, a customized program, which is both highly effective and easy to follow.
Julie is the sports nutritionist for the Boston Bruins, the Boston Cannons, the Rabil Experience, Hayden Synchronized Skating and the New England Ruffnecks. She facilitates Kinetic Fuel workshops for coaches, teams, players and their families on the importance of performance based nutrition. She also consults to professional and elite travel sports teams, specialized camps and works closely with several NCAA Collegiate athletic programs around the country.
Julie writes about sports and nutrition for a number of publications, including the New York and New England Hockey Journal, New England Soccer Journal, New England Lacrosse Journal and New England Baseball Journal. She is also the author of several team-specific nutrition guides and works closely with strength and conditioning coaches to customize nutrition programs for athletes.
Julie’s winning formula has worked for the most elite athletes including the 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner Mark Ingram and #1 NFL Draft Pick in 2013, Eric Fisher as well as 6x MLL first team All-Pro, 3x MVP Paul Rabil, and it is equally effective for athletes of all ages who aspire to excel.
Always active as a competitive athlete herself and a recent top 25 AG Ironman Finisher, Julie lives what she teaches and loves what she does. She and her husband Andy founded Kinetic Fuel in 2008.
- Director New England Academy of Tennis
- USTA High Performance Coach
- USPTA Elite Professional
- Swedish T. F. Level 2 Certified
- Touring Coach of the Year USPTA Texas 2016
- Player Development Committee USTA New England.
- USTA NE Intersectional Coach.
- Founder Tennistechie.com
- Founder hoplu.com
- Founder Tennisfilm.com
Alex is a former world ranked junior, All American, and NCAA Division 1 player from Sweden. At the end of college and beyond Alex was an assistant coach for two college teams. Alex has spent his last 16 years in junior player development. Alex has developed many top state and National juniors including over 40 players to Tennis Scholarships for schools such as USC, UT, MIT, Rice etc.
Alex also worked with Texas A&M Aggies Men’s Team as their video Analyst and technology advisor 2016. Wanting to be part of the solution in the productive use of technology in teaching and coaching, Alex consults, speaks, and teaches specialty courses on the topic to coaches of USPTA, PTR, etc.
David Benzel is the Founder of Growing Champions for Life. He is an athlete, coach, parent, and speaker. In addition, he is the author of four books and:
- An eight-time National Water Ski Champion;
- Former coach of the U.S. Water Ski Team;
- Recipient of the Award of Distinction from the Water Ski Hall of Fame.
- David also served as a commentator on ESPN for the X Games
Growing Champions for Life provides parents and coaches with practical tools & positive strategies for helping athletes reach their full potential while enjoying the youth sport experience. Clients include USA Gymnastics, USTA Player Development, US Figure Skating, USA Swimming, and Florida Youth Soccer. www.growingchampionsforlife.com
Eric Beard, MS., LMT
- 20 plus years experience training and practicing manual therapy
- Consulted for Olympic and professional athletes
- Physio for WTA player, Chinese #1 and Olympian Zhang Shuai
- 10 years as strength and conditioning coach for the New England Academy of Tennis
- Worked with top junior and senior players including multiple national champions
- Numerous esteemed industry credentials
- Owner/head coach at Play Strong Athletics
- Founder Elite Tournament Training